Thursday 28 April 2011

Preliminary task Evaluation. Also feedback from my teacher!

  • Who would be the audience for your media product?
I thought about my target audience due to I thought what magazine will I read and I thought that a young people’s magazine, also I wanted it to appeal to all teenagers due to it relates to a hectic teenagers lifestyle (16-19 years , to inner city schools and colleges).

  • How did you attract/ address your audience?

I thought what type of magazine will stand out in my eyes and I thought of bright colours, and I put into my magazine sentences what teenagers will want to hear. However I balance it with supporting parents views aswell because I did not want to be so bias due to I am a teenager and I did not want to support teenagers all the way.

  • What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I learnt how to change the colour for instance in my titles it was black then I altered it to red font and the yellow background, how to make a picture high quality for instance: I centre my picture to portray the meaning of my magazine sociable and slightly solemn aswell, and how to fit content to frame for instance: I put my picture in portion to my magazine and I made it stand for some teenager can be serious aswell as enjoying life, I learnt how place a photo into Indesign for instance: my main picture we took the picture on camera then I uploaded it by saving it to my pictures then I copied it on to Indesign and I put it in portion to my magazine front cover.

  • How does your media product represent particular social groups?
Frankly, I will not do any differently, however if I had to alter anything on my magazine I will make it a bit more appealing to the adult audience 20-25 years old so I will have a range of customers. In addition, I will put you can win trips to other places in London so it can draw in the elderly audience 35+ years old.

    • In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (e.g. magazine covers)
The feedback I got what that my magazine it very eye catching due to the bright colours (Yellow), this could influence due to it make a magazine stand out you need bright colours to draw in a reader, and make it stand out from all the rest of the magazines out there. Furthermore, the feedback I got was that the picture is very appropriate to my magazine because it relates to my message by a successful will could balance their education and they social life so that they can enjoy the teenager lifestyle and have no regret.

    • Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you learnt in the progression from it to full product?
I need to improve on editing pictures and cropping them to the part of the picture I want. Also, I need to improve on changing the colour of my text easier due to I struggle with making the colour change, however I know how to make the outline of the text change colour.

o    What kind of media institution might distrube your media product and why?
Government aiding institutions will distrube my media product, for instance: Dentist, Hostipals and etc... They can distrube my product to the people who are waiting to be seen, take they appointment or surgery. Furthermore, this can happen because when the patients get bored they need something to entertain them until there appointment or surgery; also it can take their minds off they appointment or surgery and make them not nerves and full of confidence. Hopefully the patients will be engrossed into my magazine and yearn to read more!


No comments:

Post a Comment